Nicole Mazzei-Williams, CMRP
Region Director, TRIOSE, Inc., Laurel, MD
Joined AHRMM in 2012
1. Please share your history of involvement with AHRMM committees/task forces/activities:
I have been involved with AHRMM for the past few years. I am past-President of a local chapter in MD and I have previously served on the AHRMM Sustainability Task Force.
2. Tell us more about your specific job responsibilities in your company/hospital/organization:
I am a Region Director selling supply chain solutions to hospitals on the East Coast.
3. How many years have you been in your current role; how many years in supply chain?
I have 10 years of experience in supply chain and an additional five years in pharmaceutical sales/medical device sales.
4. What aspect of your job do you like best?
I love to interact with the hospital employees and clinical staff when appropriate. I also enjoy the challenge of finding ways for hospitals to reduce their supply chain costs.
5. What is the most challenging aspect of your job?
The most challenging aspect of my job is navigating the varying degrees of bureaucracy within each facility, because they are all very different.
6. Who is your mentor/key influencer, and why?
I don’t really have one mentor or key influencer as there have been so many in my life starting with my parents, who have always supported me every step of the way. I learn something every day from so many different people and am thankful for the personal growth and career growth that each encounter has influenced.
7. What AHRMM board/committee/ task forces/activity/experience stands out/is most memorable for you?
The work we did with the Sustainability Task Force in creating the Sustainability Roadmap for Hospitals website was a very rewarding and collaborative experience. I also look forward to participation on another task force. I am most interested in the Education Committee, though I am appreciative to be a part of any of them.
8. Why did you join AHRMM/what keeps you coming back?
I joined AHRMM for professional networking and to have access to tools to help my local chapter succeed.
9. Name one AHRMM tool you “cannot do without”:
I love reading the publications such as Supply Chain Strategies & Solutions as well as the leading practices.
10. What are key AHRMM resources you use to leverage your supply chain processes?
11. What is the best part of being involved in your professional association?
The best part of being involved with AHRMM is learning from the many different people around me both from the vendor community as well as the hospital community.
12. What is something most of your peers don’t know about you?
I tap dance and I also play piano.
13. In my free time I like to:
Well, I don’t have a ton of free time these days with the many activities that my children are involved in; however, given the opportunity, I love to dance, sing, read, travel, play the piano, bake, and shop.
14. Personal Motto or Favorite Quote:
“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel” ~ Maya Angelou