Finance - Cost Management
Member Price: $79 | Non-Member Price: $99
CPE Credit: 1
This product is a part of a bundle. View Bundle
Upon completion, participants will be able to define frequently used accounting and finance terms and principles, define the components of ratios and break-even analysis, explain the financial environment of acute and non-acute care segments, compare value analysis with conventional financial evaluation, describe key components of an asset management program, and state several other ways of implementing cost-savings programs.
This course is also available as part of the CMRP Bundle.
- Examine how fixed non-movable equipment and grouping similar capital equipment by type or manufacturer is a good way to affect cost savings.
- Recognize the importance of being familiar with your organizations budget process and being able to assist in preparing and analyzing pricing and usage information, budget variance, annual objectives and recommendations, and non-labor budgetary expenses.
- Explain how to develop purchasing and financial document retention and filing system in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Recognize how to communicate with Accounts Payable to ensure best practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the impact that reimbursements have on the revenue cycle.
- Describe how to manage cost saving programs including how to develop cost savings programs, equipment maintenance, and consumable product evaluation.