Essentials of Purchasing Certificate
Member Price: $239 | Non-Member Price: $299
CPE Credit: 5
This product is a part of a bundle. View Bundle
This program has been updated to an interactive format that consists of four modules, with an exam after each module. This new design allows participants to actively engage with the content. This certificate program consists of four modules, with an exam after each module. In addition to essential and practical information, each module is full of applicable tips and tricks and tried and true advice from seasoned supply chain professionals. Upon successful completion of the four modules, you will receive a certificate in purchasing of healthcare supply chain management.
Part 1: Purchasing Basics
Part 2: Basics of Purchasing Law
Part 3: Contracts and Contract Management
Part 4: Purchasing Capital and Services
This course is also available as part of the Essentials of Healthcare Supply Chain Certificate Series.
- Part 1: Purchasing Basics
- Define Purchasing
- Explain why the purchasing role is important and adds value to the organization
- Identify the step-by-step process of basic buying including:
- How to order supplies
- What to expect from vendors
- How to handle any invoice problems
- Identify the step-by-step process of negotiating
- Understand why purchasing ethically is important and how to handle common situations
- Understand your role in customer service and improving customer relations including:
- 4 Keys to problem resolution
- 5 A’s of problem resolution
- Part 2: Basics of Purchasing Law
- Identify the importance of contract law.
- Examine the basics of law purchasing including the history and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
- Define concept of agency in addition to the four types of agents.
- Recognize what a contract is and the four critical elements of a contract.
- Analyze the non-performance rules and remedies.
- Differentiate the two types of damages that courts can impose.
- State the practical tips that can be imposed.
- Part 3: Contracts and Contract Management
- Explain what a contract is with a focus on supply contracts and the importance of having one.
- Define the legal terms relating to contracts.
- Distinguish between various types of contracts
- Summarize the steps that need to be taken before reaching contract phase
- Recognize the fundamentals of contract management-tracking, follow up and renewal
- Part 4: Purchasing Capital and Services
- Identify what capital is and how it is tracked.
- Explain what makes purchasing capital different than purchasing supplies.
- Identify strategies for capital purchasing which add value to ensure the organization gets the most for its capital dollars.
- Explain the elements that every capital policy should have.
- Identify the elements to include in the life cycle costing.
- Describe the advantages/disadvantages of leasing/renting capital vs. purchasing it
- Recognize the specific items that should be considered and negotiated in large capital purchases.