The Value Cycle
Leveraging Supply Data for Success in a Value-Based World
Member Price: Free | Non-Member Price: $99
CPE Credit: 1
Decreasing reimbursement, HIS conversions, increased market competition, and the transition from fee-for-service to value-based models of care have created a perfect storm of challenges for provider organizations across the U.S.
In order to compare baseline costs to savings and determine areas of compliance risk, supply chain professionals need to work closely with their revenue cycle colleagues maintaining the chargemaster. As the comprehensive listing of all billable supply items and their related services and procedures, the chargemaster will remain as a central data hub in the world of value-based reimbursement, ACOs and shared-saving models.
This on-demand webinar will explore how supply data elements in both your item master and chargemaster can play a role in negotiating payments from CMS and commercial plans, disbursement across the continuum of care, and in assessing variations in clinical practice when compared to a clinical pathway. You will also learn how the providers that have accurate, measurable data will be better prepared to understand the cost of care, improve outcomes and financially survive the transformation of the old traditional fee-for-service revenue cycle model to the “value cycle” that is on the horizon.
- Assess the current challenges related to value-based care
- Demonstrate how to leverage the chargemaster to spot variances in data that lead to revenue leakage
- Develop a process for data accuracy improvement
- Identify individuals within the organization and their roles for improvement process and beyond
- Minimize activities that disrupt revenue potential
- Explain how information flows from item to charge to bill and the difference between an EHR record and a claim
Presenter: Kathy Schwartz, Solutions Owner and Associate Vice President of Strategic Messaging, Craneware