Available only to AHRMM members, a six-month platform for health care supply chain professionals to connect with more experienced professionals in the field. Whether to help with career planning, discuss a particularly challenging issue, learn from previous experience, or simply to find an encouraging role model, engaging with a mentor can markedly improve an individual’s work life and career.
AHRMM’s Mentor Program provides the structure for a six-month connection between a mentee and the mentor of their choice. Mentees may select their mentor from available profiles in the system. Matches are recommended based on the current roles of mentees and mentors, however mentees may filter and sort possible mentors based on criteria that is important to them. Once the relationship is established the content and process of the mentor program falls to the participants. Mentees define goals, set timelines, and establish expectations with their paired mentor to ensure mutual success. Relationships may be renewed after the initial six-month phase, or a new mentor may be selected if necessary.
There’s nothing more valuable than experience, and AHRMM can help you make the connections you need to tap into the wealth of knowledge available in the health care supply chain. The AHRMM Mentor Program gives you access to a database of mentors to choose from based on your own set of criteria. Mentors can assist you with career planning, help you work on particular skills and experiences needed to advance your career, and can serve as a sounding board for issues facing you, your organization and the field at large. Here’s how to get started:
- Visit ahrmm.chronus.com to request a user account. Your request will be submitted to the administrator for approval.
- Once approved, your first step will be to complete your mentee profile.
- Once you have completed your mentee profile, you can browse available mentors using the filter criteria and request your selected mentor. Your request will be sent to the administrator and the mentor for review and approval.
- Once approved, follow the prompts to engage and plan with your new mentor.
The platform will walk you through the process of getting to know your mentor and setting goals for your six-month mentor relationship. You will be sent reminders and surveys throughout the relationship to help keep you on track, but the goals and communication methods are up to you and your mentor to agree on.
Status checks and surveys are available at the three and six-month marks to ensure your relationship is on track and fruitful. At the end of the six-month engagement, you have the options to renew your existing mentor relationship or request a mentor connection with a new mentor.
The AHRMM Mentor Program provides health care supply chain professionals with access to experienced mentors who can contribute to their professional and personal development. Mentors can act as role models, serve as sounding boards, and impart their experience, expertise, and insights. There’s nothing more valuable than experience, and you have knowledge to share. Contribute to the advancement of the field by sharing your time and expertise with an up and coming leader in the field. Join the AHRMM Mentor Program today and find out how contributing to the success of others can be a rewarding and enlightening addition to your personal growth.
- Visit ahrmm.chronus.com to request your user account. Your request will be submitted to the administrator for approval.
- Once approved, your first step will be to set up your mentor profile. The more complete your profile, the more information mentees have on which to base their selections.
- Once you have set up your profile, mentees can view your mentor profile as they select the best fit for their mentor relationship.
- The mentee will request to begin a relationship and the request will be sent to you and the administrator for review and approval.
- Once approved, follow the prompts to engage and plan with your new mentee.
Resources are available to mentors to assist and provide guidance in establishing a positive and productive mentor/mentee relationship. The program is designed to be agile and flexible to meet the needs of each individual mentee. Each mentor relationship will be unique based on the participants and the set expectations. Relationships can be renewed past the original six month timeframe, and can be terminated at any time.
Mentor Program FAQs
Why should you participate in the AHRMM Mentor Program? Visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page »